Well, I finally am getting around to posting the boys Halloween ensembles. After much discussion, and some exploration, I thought to make N. a cloak. After I made it a few weeks ago, N. wore it around every day. So naturally, Z. wanted a cloak, and thus the Dracula attire was invented.
Truth be told, I abhor working with any flavor of silky fabric especially in such large quantities. It goes to show, I will do anything to make those boys smile!
Both boys capes were made using Kwik Sew 3723 pattern. I did lengthen the original dimensions, because I knew those guys would love to swoop around...
The above fabric (Z's personal choice) is a knit, skull fabric with red glitter eyes (yes we do have glitter chards permanently in every nook of our house). The interior is a red satin. The cape requires boning to enable the collar to stand. For the neck wear, I attached two ribbons together and purchased a medallion at a craft store.
N.'s cloak was made out of a red glitter velvet spider fabric, with a red satin interior. The fabric was a little costly, but holds the shape of the garment well. So you may ask, what will little C.C. be this year. Hmm, even I am not sure...we have a few ideas. Off for fun!